The new Wii Remote Plus (with Wii MotionPlus Inside) may be incompatible with Bluetooth stacks such as the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.
Earlier Wii Remote Plus models or the original Wii Remotes do not have this issue.
For Windows Users with the Wii Remote Plus (Nintento RVL-CNT-01-TR), the solution is to use the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack with the latest Smoothboard software.
- Download Smoothboard Air with Duo (Supports 2 IR Pens) from http://www.smoothboard.net/wiimotewhiteboard
- Download Smoothboard 2 from http://www.smoothboard.net/wiimote/downloads
For Mac users, download Smoothboard for Mac from http://www.smoothboard.org/mac/download/
Installing Toshiba Bluetooth Stack
Download the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack 8.0 from
- http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/index.php?page=download-toshiba (Separate 32bit and 64bit installers)
If a Toshiba Bluetooth Adapter or the Mini USB Adapter is used, you may refer to the instructions below. Otherwise, refer to this link: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=19948&page=22
The Toshiba Bluetooth Stack when used on unsupported adapters, has a 30 days evaluation period. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack should restart the evaluation period.
You may purchase a Bluetooth Adapter that supports the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack from
Uninstall existing Bluetooth Stack
- For Microsoft Bluetooth Stack and the Mini Bluetooth USB Adapter, go to Device Manager (Control Panel->System->Hardware) and expand the Bluetooth Radios list
- Right click on the Generic Bluetooth Radio item and click on Uninstall
- Unplug Bluetooth Dongle
- Restart the computer
Install Toshiba Bluetooth Stack
- Extract and run Toshiba Bluetooth Stack installer, Setup.exe
- When prompted, plug the Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Restart the computer after installation
Connecting Wii Remote with Toshiba Stack
Click on New Connection
Select Express Mode
Press Red Sync button in Wii Remote’s battery compartment and click on Next
Note: Pressing the 1 and 2 buttons simultaneously may not work
Select Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR and click on Next
Once connected, the device’s icon will be coloured green as above
Then, launch Smoothboard Air with Duo or Smoothboard 2. The Wii Remote’s first Blue LED will be lighted.
To reconnect the Wii Remote, right click on the device name and click on Connect
Press the Red Sync button in the Wii Remote’s battery compartment and click on OK
Note: Pressing the 1 and 2 buttons simultaneously may not work. To connect reliability, press on the Red Sync button.